(Since this blog report, I’ve re-branded the blog! Letters From Sunshine is now Forever Charlotte Nicole; although it’s a new name, it’s the same great content.)
It seems like it was just last week that I pressed Publish on my March and April 2017 Blog Report, so I can hardly believe that it’s time for me to do my next blog report.
Seriously, where has the time gone?
The month of May has been extremely busy for me. I finished my freshman year of college mid-May after an extremely stressful, tiring, and emotional “dead week” and finals week . (But hey, it paid off. I earned a 4.0 GPA for my freshman year.). After just a few days of being home, I was hopping onto a plane bound for Colorado to travel for two days, and just a few days later I took another cross-country road trip to visit some family. Talk about being busy!
Even with all of this busyness, I’ve still found time for blogging; which I cannot be more thankful for. I have so much that I can’t wait to begin working on throughout the summer, and there is so much that I’ve already done! To help re-cap what I’ve achieved in the month of May, I have compiled everything into my Adventures in Blogging: May 2017 Blog Report.
Adventure One: Blog Posts
Even though this month was extremely busy, I was able achieve my goal of doing four blog posts a month (approximately one blog post a week). I’m going to be completely honest: I still have no idea how I was able to achieve that with everything that’s been going on. I was extremely excited for a lot of these blog posts and couldn’t wait to share them with everyone, so I’m even more excited to re-cap them for those of you who may have missed them!
- Adventures in Blogging: March and April 2017 Blog Report
- In case you all haven’t read the precedent of this blog report, here is your chance too! This blog post was the second post in my “Adventures in Blogging” series, and quite a long one, too…almost 3000 words! Since I didn’t have enough time and stuff to talk about in March to do a blog report, I combined it with April’s, which caused it to be very long. However, it is still a great resource for how much I improved on with this blog!
- A Tour of My Freshman Dorm Room and Suite
- This post is perhaps one of my favorites so far! I have absolutely loved reading bloggers’ dorm room tours in the past, so I decided to do one myself; what made mine was unique was that I lived in a suite my freshman year, rather than a regular dorm room. Living in a suite and having a private room was absolutely amazing, and in my post I detail what it was like and also give some pointers for dorm room life, whether you live in a private or shared room!
- The Liebster Award: What It Is and My Nominations
- At the end of April, I was nominated by Amber from Life and Marketing for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers to introduce them to the blogging community, recognize the blogger and their blog, and help get the word out about them! In this blog post, I discussed what the award was for those who aren’t familiar with it, followed the criteria required of nominees, and nominated 11 other bloggers for the award! (Be sure to check out their blogs; they’re amazing!)
- Ten Lessons I Learned My Freshman Year of College
- I think doing some type of reflection post is important for any blogger because it allows us to see how we’ve grown. Doing this post was extremely valuable to me, and I hope the lessons that I learned my freshman year of college will be valuable to my readers as well. Be sure to head on over and check it out!
Adventure Two: Social Media
- I ended May with 76 Twitter followers, which is a 21 gain from April! Yay!
- On Twitter, one of the changes that I made was that I stopped linking my Instagram content from each time that I post on my Instagram. This is because I was rarely having engagement with these tweets and frankly, this wasn’t what my audience was looking for.
- I have absolutely been loving the improvements that I’ve been making on my Instagram lately. Last month I set up a theme, which I have continued this month, but the big news is that I almost doubled my Instagram following! I ended May with 122 Instagram followers, which is an increase of 45 followers since I ended April with 77 followers.
- This month I posted 1 or 2 times a day almost every single day which has helped improve my engagement.
- I have also started using an occasional Instagram story to announce a new blog post or Instagram post!
- I ended May with 12 likes and 13 followers on Facebook, which is an increase of 2 in both categories. My Facebook page is currently not a huge focus of mine, but I hope to change that in the future once I figure out other content to post on it.
- In case you haven’t already liked/followed the page, be sure you do! I always post on it whenever there is a new blog post out!
Adventure Three: Facebook
Ah, Pinterest: the provider of about 98% of my traffic from social media sources (which is responsible for about 75% of my site traffic). I totally play favorites when it comes to Pinterest, just because so much of my traffic comes from this source!
This month I ended with 119 Pinterest followers, which is absolutely amazing! I ended April with 72 followers, which means that I gained 47 followers this month! This month I have continued to use Tailwind and BoardBooster to schedule and loop my pins, which have definitely helped to grow my Pinterest following.
Adventure Four: Site Stats
I ended May with 3,922 pageviews! This has been such a huge growth from last month (which was 2,600 pageviews) and March (which was 1,299 pageviews). Since May is only my fourth month blogging, I could not be more happy with these site stats.
I’m hoping to continue increasing my pageviews into June, but I’m more interested in increasing my engagement this summer, especially since the growth won’t be as big since we are not in school anymore.
Adventure Five: Changes in the Month of May
The biggest change I made to the blog in the month of May was a new blog theme; a new theme was a gift to myself for completing my freshman year of college, and I’m so happy with the new look! I also updated the logo (I just changed what the sun looked like on the “i”).
Well, that’s the end of this blog report! I hope that I have a lot more to share with you in the upcoming months as I continue to write more blog posts, increase my reach, and make more changes to the blog!